Anyway I have been brainstorming and I thought to myself what would be a clean way to go about it??? Then it hit me, Ice cream Daifuku (I've also heard it called ice cream mochi so I'm not sure which one is right)! In other words I would serve the ice cream in perfectly shaped little balls surrounded in a carb fest of mochi (rice cake mixture of glutinous rice flour, sugar, and water). Daifuku is usually mochi filled with an (red bean paste) but I have had really great ice cream daifuku from the HT mart and it's also really trendy at sushi restaurants like Blue C sushi ( a conveyor belt sushi shop in Seattle).
I asked what flavors I should make and I got a really positive responce about Peppermint (it is the season!). I'm thinking about doing a poll or just posting up ideas on the bullitan board and seeing what my class thinks.
- Banana and walnut
- Peppermint (festively colored of course) or eggnog
- Mango cardamom cheesecake
- Rose or lavender
- Pineapple coconut
- German chocolate (with pecans and coconut)
- Black sesame (traditional for ice cream daifuku)
- Black walnut (I have lots of walnuts)
- Pear and pecan (Hagan Dazs makes the most best greatest awsomest pear ice cream)